Are you on the hunt for a refreshing and easy-to-make cocktail to enjoy this spring? Look no further than the Grapefruit Gin Spritz with Rosemary Syrup! This citrusy and herbaceous spritz is perfect for casual drinkers who want to mix up something fun but straightforward at home. With a delicate balance of fresh grapefruit, floral gin, homemade rosemary syrup, and bubbly Prosecco, this cocktail is sure to impress and delight your guests.
I also recently made a version of this for the opening party for Vignettes by Vintanthro and then made it for Easter dinner! Batching allows you to make it ahead of time, and serve it to your guests without having to mix individual drinks all night.
Follow along with this recipe to learn how to create your own Grapefruit Gin Spritz with Rosemary Syrup and impress your taste buds with every sip!
Grapefruit Gin Spritz with Rosemary Syrup
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ oz rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- Prosecco or Soda water, to top
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine the gin, grapefruit juice, and rosemary simple syrup.
- Shake well for about 15 seconds or until the ingredients are well combined and chilled.
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the mixture into the glass.
- Top the glass with Prosecco (or soda water) to your desired level, and gently stir.
- Add a rosemary sprig or grapefruit wedge for garnish, and serve your Grapefruit Gin Spritz chilled.
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar over medium heat. Stir gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the rosemary sprigs to the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the rosemary flavor has infused into the syrup.
- Remove from heat and let the syrup cool.
- Once cooled, strain the rosemary sprigs from the syrup and store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Voila! You can now use your homemade rosemary syrup in your Grapefruit Gin Spritz, or as an ingredient in other cocktail or culinary creations.
- 2 cups gin
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup rosemary simple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 bottle Prosecco or 4 cups soda water
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- In a large container, combine the gin, grapefruit juice, and rosemary syrup. Stir gently until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add extra rosemary sprigs for garnish.
- Chill in the fridge until you are ready to leave or serve.
- When you are ready to serve, give the drink a gentle stir and pour the Grapefruit Gin Spritz into individual glasses filled with ice leaving room.
- Top cocktail with soda water or Prosecco.
- Add extra rosemary sprigs for garnish, and serve the cocktail chilled.
Ready to elevate your home bartending game? Look no further than our top bar tools on Amazon!From cocktail shakers and jiggers to muddlers and strainers, i’ve curated everything you need to shake up your next drinks with style.
Head to my Amazon store today to find your new favorites and raise a glass to your upgraded bar setup!